NEW YORK TIMES (USA)
NEW YORK - Eleven years after 9/11, a writer with unprecedented access to pertinent classified documents says the Bush Administration ignored multiple "direct warnings" that Al Qaeda was planning to strike on American soil leading up to the Sep. 11, 2001 attack.
In a piece published in the Op-Ed pages of the New York Times on Tuesday, the 11th anniversary of the most devastating terrorist attack in American history, journalist Kurt Eichenwald says he has read excerpts of daily CIA briefings in the weeks and months before 9/11 that has led to the "inescapable conclusion...that the administration’s reaction reflected significantly more negligence than has been disclosed."
Eichenwald says that sources told him "the neoconservative leaders who had recently assumed power at the Pentagon were warning the White House that the C.I.A. had been fooled."
Read the full article at the New York Times