CNN, LA TIMES
NEW ORLEANS- Super Bowl XLVII was held Sunday at the Superdome in New Orleans - the 10th time it has been played there. For those who didn't watch the four-hour American sports extravaganza, we've compiled a short list with all you need to know.
1. THE RAVENS WON - The Baltimore Ravens beat the San Francisco 49ers 34-31. This is their third win (2000, 2012, 2013) since the team was formed in 1996.
2. BLACKOUT- For 34 minutes there was a blackout in the stadium, and play was suspended. It was actually the biggest hit of the night on twitter, generating 231,000 tweets per minute according to CNN. No answers have yet been given as to why the outage occurred.
whatever. who HASN'T blacked out in New Orleans?— hailee justine (@haileejustine) February 4, 2013
3. MVP EXPLETIVES - MVP Joe Flacco, of the Ravens, was so excited at the end of the game he screamed a little too close to some microphones "F-ing Awesome!." Flacco's enthusiasm would probably be classified as a "fleeting expletive" says The LA Times. The Federal Communications Commission in the past has gone after networks for similar incidents.
4. QUEEN BEY- Beyoncé performed the halftime show and reunited Destiny’s Child on stage for the first time since 2006 (7:51). Even though there was controversy surrounding whether she sang the national anthem live at Obama’s inauguration, she proved what an amazing performer she truly is in the Superdome singing live - while dancing.
5. COMMERCIALS - Among the vast array of commercials there were, of course, the good, the bad and the downright weird. Amy Poehler went to Best Buy, model Bar Rafaeli made out with a geek and PSY sang Gagnam Style to some pistachios. Honorable animal mention goes to the Budweiser’s Clydesdale.